Thursday, April 29, 2010

HOME REMEDIES


Who says you have to run out and buy everything from a beauty supply store? Not me. I try to be as economical as possible and thanks to some research I've done, I've found some really great substitutes (or permanent additions) to my hair regimen right in my own kitchen.

First up is LEMON JUICE AND WATER:

1/4 cup of lemon juice
1 cup of water

I use this mixture to pre-clean my scalp before I co-wash. It helps remove some of the left over residue from products I've used when styling my hair, kind of like an astringent. I part my scalp, squirt some of the mixture onto a cotton ball, and rub my scalp with it. It's all tingly and feels GREAT.

This is definitely a permanent addition. What are some of your "home remedies?"

2 comments:

G.Danielle said...

I'll have to try that one...I'm bad about home remedies. Too much fun being a product junkie.

Lady D said...

Girl I need to save $$, so I need alternatives.