Wednesday, July 21, 2010

OH REALLY??

What would you do if someone said to you ‘I hope you don’t go all Back to Africa on me??’

Now. I HATE comments like this. It’s so…prejudiced. I mean just because I wear my hair natural and prefer oils to grease does NOT mean I’m going “Back to Africa.” So what if I am?? And furthermore what does that mean anyway?? What, do you think I’m gonna go live in a hut in some remote Tanzanian village??? *Breathe* I mean I totally understand you’re used to a certain look and all (a wrap), but pardon me if I want to be more versatile, go swimming without worrying about my hair, or go Angela Davis style. I know plenty of Natural Sistas who you wouldn’t even know were Natural if they didn’t tell you and YES they have REAL careers in Corporate America. I mean I guess they think the inner me is going to change. To a certain degree I have changed. I’ve become more conscious about taking care of myself...and I know it’s for the better. I just can’t stand close minded people. Okay, I’m done venting.


So Ladies in short be ‘HAPPY TO BE NAPPY!!' This is a word of encouragement from your Naturally PROUD Sista! Do your thing girl!

No comments: