Thursday, November 4, 2010

BLACK GIRLS ROCK!


FINALLY something constructive on BET. I have just about crossed them off my list of channels to watch with their only saving grace being The Game *plug - premieres Jan. 11, 2011*

I feel obligated to watch the Black Girls Rock! Awards show airing this Sunday at 7pm, I love being celebrated and the lineup looks fantabulous including host Nia Long. It's about time we hear something about how brilliant we are BESIDES how we supposedly can't find a man, how our picking pool is very shallow, we have too high standards, etc.. *iCan't*

Some of the featured ladies are:
* Ledisi
* Rev. Dr. Iyanla Vanzant
* Keke Palmer
* Missy
* Ruby Dee
* Raven Simone - ok Olivia, lolol

and on and on and on.

It's so good to see such wonderful ladies getting together to celebrate us Black women. I can't wait to see the show. I hope you'll be watching and be inspired as well!!!

And afterwards check out my girl's site Fashion Love Affairs, she'll definitely have the lowdown on all things fashion.

P.S. THEY HAVE A STORE!! It's full of cute tees with influential black women and positive sayings on them. Check it out here.

No comments: