Wednesday, November 3, 2010

READER REQUEST: PROTECTIVE STYLES


A LOVELY reader asked me to provide some protective styling options for the winter. Now I'm a huge fan of braids and twists anyway, but even more so now that I'm Natural. I will admit, I am a novice at this, so I'm gonna keep it simple for those of us who are not as braid/twist advanced... for now :)


Twist Updo with Roller set ends:




French Braid with Bun:



French Braid Bang with Bun:




**MY FAVE**


The key to Protective Styles are you don't want to fuss with your hair (or minimize the fuss as much as possible). You also want to make sure your ends are not exposed. If they are, make sure you moisturize them to keep from experiencing breakage.


And don't forget to accessorize!!! Earrings, flowers, clips, broaches, etc.. are just the added pizazz you need!


HAPPY STYLING!!

2 comments:

G.Danielle said...

I plan to bc in a week or two. I dont know how long my hair will be. Do you have any styles for the short hair dont care crew?

Lady D said...

These styles can be done on any length of hair. But I will dedicate my next post to the newly BC'd peeps ;)