Tuesday, September 13, 2011

COMMON MISTAKES AS NATURALS




In our natural hair journey we ARE going to make mistakes. It's just a fact. I found this article and I think she was DEAD on. I've experienced almost all of these. It really is a learning process - things I used to do to my hair, I can't anymore.

In short, these are the most common mistakes we make:



Not detangling


Sleeping without a satin cap/scarf


Using excessive heat


Shampooing too frequently



Not knowing product ingredients


Not adding or sealing moisture


Natural hair means automatic growth


Read the full article here.

One thing I'd like to add is just because someone has the same "Type" of hair as you does not mean it's the same. I fell into the trap of "oh you're Type 4, well what do you use because I'm sure it will work on my hair." NEGATIVE. Come to find out, her hair is way more porous than mine and a lot finer.

What do you think? What are some mistakes you've made and how has your hair adjusted?

2 comments:

Perrinne said...

A mistake I made in the beginning is most moisturizing my hair everyday. My hair lives for moisture!!

Lady D said...

LOLOL!! Mine too