Wednesday, February 22, 2012

MY MINI TWIST EXPERIENCE



After MUCH contemplation (and a hard look at my budget) I decided to do my own hair for my vacay to Morocco. As you all know, I am LOW maintenance when I'm in vacation mode. I don't even want to think about my hair. So I decided on mini twists.

Just the sheer thought of doing my own mini twists had me in a panic. How long would it take but better yet how long will it take to take them out?? I knew I had to suck it up and just do it. I've never done them before, so I had to YouTube what my approach should be. I decided to use this lock/twist gel I got from a vendor and shea butter. Shortly after getting into the groove I kicked the gel because it was just too messy. Plus I like how my twists turn out with just shea so I figured it wouldn't be too bad.



6 hours later....VOILA!





A week into my twists...and here's what I've learned so far. The gel is necessary *sigh* My twists haven't unraveled or anything, but they are getting frizzy and partly due to no hold and partly due to me running my fingers running through my hair like it's not twisted. Needless to say, I will be redoing these before I leave *DEEP SIGH* oh wells.

Have you done your own mini twists before? If so, what was your experience like?

5 comments:

G. Danielle said...

I'll be expecting you to pin my hair up like that this week...

G. Danielle said...

And i'm not going to say I told you so about the gel either...

Lady D said...

HAHAHA! Save it! Thanks.

Rena L. said...

Yep, I have done my twists before but I don't like how they look. I always just pin the twists up. However, your pin up was cute.

Lady D said...

Thanks Rena! I find that I'm going to mostly pin mine up too :/