Wednesday, February 9, 2011

BACK to BASICS: REGIMEN BUILDING



Hey all, for those of us who have been in the game for a while, we have experienced the trials/errors of creating a hair regimen. It can get frustrating trying to figure out how to properly care for your tresses, but once you do find out what works for you, that makes it worth the ride.

Now I've found that I need 2 regimens, one for the Fall/Winter and one for the Summer/Spring. In the cooler months I tend to use heavier creams/conditioners and I DC every week, whereas in the warmer months I prefer to use light and airy products so my regimen reflects that.

When creating a regimen, you want to look at the different things you to do your hair prior to styling ie. Do you detangle first, then wash, then moisturize, seal, then style or do you wash, detangle, seal, moisturize, then style? Get me?


Here are the different processes I go through prior to styling:


Wash

Detangle

Moisturize

Seal

DC

Style


My Fall/Winter routine is:

* Wash

* DC

* Detangle

* Moisturize

* Seal (with oil of choice)

* Style


My Spring/Summer routine is:

* Wash

* Detangle

* Seal (as needed)

* Moisturize (as needed)

* Style

** I DC about once/month in the Summer**

What is your regimen and how did you come to create it?

No comments: