Thursday, June 16, 2011

DO YOU PRE POO?



Hey all! I'll be coming out of my twists soon and looking to revamp my Summer regimen (which is usually just W&G). I'm backing off from my PJism of buying/using too many products and my goal is to just keep it simple. One thing I'm going to incorporate is a Pre Poo.

What exactly is "Pre Poo?" It's when you add oil, conditioner or both to your hair, let it sit for however long (usually 30 mins. or so) and then wash it out BEFORE you wash it with Shampoo (if you do Poo). Now I know what you're thinking because I thought the same thing...it's counterproductive right? Actually, I find the opposite. I do a Pre Poo in the winter to add extra moisture to my hair and it makes it softer and more manageable. Pre pooing has many different benefits. It helps protect your hair from the shampooing process. The majority of product buildup lies on our scalp, not on our hair, so using an oil or a conditioner provides a layer of protection between your hair and the ingredients in the shampoo.

I usually add Honey to the conditioner which works wonderfully, but since it's Summer and my hair doesn't need heavy products on it, I'll be using some type of oil.

But tell us, do you Pre Poo? If you do, how do you like it?

3 comments:

FindHerInHIM - Kenyari said...

I plan to make it apart of my regimen...thanks for sharing

Lady D said...

You're welcome!

MagnificentReign said...

I detangle my hair prior to washing with a combo olive oil/coconut oil. So I suppose you can call that a pre-poo. I wet my hair, apply the oils and go at it with my tangle teezer. From there I do my normal wash and condition routine. I'm not sure how it really affects my hair. But I think it helps with knowing whether or not I've washed my hair thoroughly. Once my hair and scalp aren't oily, I'm good to go! lol