Tuesday, June 7, 2011

PJ FIX: COCONUT MILK




My girl asked me have I ever heard of using Coconut Milk for my hair and skin. Now we all know how wonderful Coconut oil is, but I've actually never heard of using the milk of coconuts for anything other than cooking, so you know I had to dig into it. Turns out, it's VERY good for our hair *SURPRISE SURPRISE*

So what is Coconut Milk??

Coconut Milk comes from the meat of a mature coconut. It's high in protein, essential fats, iron and manganese, which are all valuable in promoting healthy hair growth. It makes your hair super soft, shiny, and moisturized.

It is also wonderful for hair loss. The milk contains Potassium and B9 which are minerals essential for healthy hair growth. Gently massage the Coconut Milk on your problem area to stimulate the blood flow to the hair follicles before you wash your hair. You should notice changes very soon.

But be careful, you can't use it too much or your hair will become too protein rich and turn dry.


Here's a recipe I'd invite you to try:


1/4 Cup of Coconut Milk
2 Tablespoons of Honey
1/4 Cup of Conditioner


Mix all of these ingredients and let sit on your hair for about an hour then rinse. Easy breezy.

Or you can just pour the milk directly on your hair, cover with a plastic cap, sit for an hour or so, and rinse.

If you love Coconut oil, I'm sure you'll love the milk. Let us know how it works out :)

No comments: