Thursday, August 11, 2011

SWITCH!




Hey y'all! After having my trim {insert sad face}, I've concluded I need to switch up my regimen. But my question is why didn't I recognize this before? I definitely could tell my hair was going through a phase of some sort, but why didn't it trigger me to take a step back and look at what I was doing to my hair? *stumped* I think I was in denial and caught up in the length. I will admit, I am semi-obsessed with length....but if it's damaged why hold on to it??

Here's the HARD lesson I've learned:

Your regimen has to be able to address your hair needs at any given moment in time. You have to be flexible and intuitive enough to know when it's time for a change. There are so many factors such as hairstyles, eating habits, and stress level that affect our hair that if we're not careful will damage our crowns of glory. For instance, if you rock twists a lot, that will require a different level of maintenance and product usage than a W&G. You should be constantly assessing the effectiveness of your hair maintenance routine.

However, your hair can get used to products, this is when you really know it's time to switch it on up. Sometimes you need to give it a little shock therapy.

What say you good people, how do you know when you need to change your regimen? And just b/c I'm nosey what do you do? Do you automatically give up the conditioner and a get a sulfate free 'poo or what?

No comments: