Wednesday, December 14, 2011

2011 HAIR GOALS ~ HIT OR MISS




It's almost the end of the year!! Sooooo how about a little check up? Did you achieve your hair goals for 2011??

I will admit. I did fall short, especially during the earlier part of the year, but THANKFULLY Foxy fell right back into place once I started taking better care of her.

Here's my year in review:

**I was sortakindamostly a PJ this year, Foxy didn't like it.

**I have consistently been drinking lots of water *YAY* +10 for me

**I STILL have not learned how to trim my own hair *EEK* (2012 is the year I put on my big girl panties and just do it!)

**I'm not APL, but I know why :(


So speak on it good people...how was your 2011 hair year? Did you miss the mark or hit the target?

3 comments:

Regina said...

I didn't reach all of my goals, either.

In October 2010, I had one inch of hair all over. I read that hair grows 1/2 inch per month. Wednesday of this week, I measured about 2-1/2 inches total. So, I didn't reach my growth goal of six inches.

My hair is healthier now, however, than this time last year. And the fact that my hair did indeed grow, I really can't complain.

So, I'm sticking to my hair routine and setting my goal for 2012 at 3 inches of growth and continued hair-health.

Also, let's do some research on clipping ends. I heard that we should get our ends clipped, ever so often, so that the split doesn't extend to the root, hence killing the root and falling out, never to return. However, I read in another website (I have to find it again) that we should only have our ends professionally clipped once a year, that the only purpose clipping ends serves is giving hairstyles a neat appearance. I clip my own ends. I've worked too hard and have gone through too much with my hair to risk splits reaching the root and falling out. And there is a difference between clipping and cutting the hair--I clip. After I twist or braid, I rub a little shea butter on the ends.

I'll seek guidance from a dermatologist to explain split ends and share.

Perrinne said...

I could say I reached my goals! Healthy hair! I have developed a great routine and tried to work in professional hair washes and detangling sessions! Overall a Great year!

Next year I look forward to some serious pony tail hang time for the summer!

Lady D said...

@ Regina, I tried that once a year thing...not for me. Kudos to those who can do it, but my hair needs that quarterly clip.

@ Perrinne, GREAT JOB!!