Wednesday, May 16, 2012

NO HAIR, NO FOLLOW - A BOUGIE NATURAL


Hey guys, I had an interesting convo with one of my friends and I thought I'd see what y'all had to say. 

She says that she doesn't "follow" Natural women on YouTube, Twitter, or Facebook who don't have long hair.  Her reasoning is: "They are where I want to be so I'm going to see what they're doing so I can get to their length."  **I might add, she is definitely length obsessed.** 

I was like "What?? You are such a bourgeoisie natural."  Now me, I like to learn from everybody regardless of where they are in their hair journey.  I am not biased or partial because everybody's hair is different.  Her not so much.  She has a goal and she's only focusing on those who are there already. 

I thought it was kinda funny actually, in a petty kind of way.  I knew they existed, but I never thought I would meet one, better yet actually KNOW one.   It's kinda oxymoronic though because being natural is supposed to, in my mind, empower women and bring us closer together as we bond over hair ya know?

But what are your thoughts?  Are you a Bourgeoisie Natural or do you know one?

2 comments:

MagnificentReign said...

I am definitely not one and as far as I know, don't know one! I'd like to think that I subscribe to channels based off of personality and content. I suppose length is only a factor when it comes to twa's for me. When I did my BC, I probably had a good 4-5 inches of hair so i didn't really need to know what people with shorter hair were doing. At this point, I've found what works for my hair so I'm not even really watching YouTubers to see if I can learn something new to add to my regimen. More so for entertainment and maybe to catch a new product or haul of some sort.

Lady D said...

I understand that! I'm scoping more for style inspiration since I get too flustered to come up with stuff to do on my own. If their hair is super long or TWA I like to see if I can adjust it to my length.