Wednesday, May 30, 2012

READER REQUEST: HOW DO YOU WASH & GO?




Hey All! So, you want to know how to Wash & Go (W&G)?  Well, when I first started doing my W&G I took it LITERALLY and did just that.  Co-wash and Go!  *SMH*  Then I kept wondering why my hair was super dry 2 hrs. later with absolutely no definition whatsoever.  There was nothing keeping my curl pattern in place nor was there anything moisturizing or sealing my hair.

That's one thing, two actually, I consider key.  You need something to provide that hold.  Something that enhances your natural curl pattern so that when your hair does dry it doesn't look like well...dry hair.  

Secondly, *IMO* you should use some type of moisturizer or sealant.  This prevents your hair from becoming super dry while using your curl defining gel of choice and breaking off because it's so dry.  

Here's my process:

1.  Co-wash

2.  Section and detangle with my leave-in conditioner ~ KinkyCurly's Knot Today

3.  Apply Curling Creme by CurlySexyHair mixed w/EVOO by section {You can also apply the oil after the gel}

4.  Apply Curl Defining Gel by section {Something I bought from a vendor}

5.  Fluff and Go!

That's it.  It takes me less than 15 mins. in the morning which is why I love it so much.  I will admit, the majority of the time I forego the detangling session and just apply the products and run out *hides face in shame* 

And for your viewing pleasure, here's a couple of vids:





If you're rocking a shorter style or you have longer hair and want added definition, try this out:




Happy Styling!

No comments: