Monday, August 13, 2012

HAIR-MERGENCY KIT



Picture this:  You're out and about around town and you're having a fabulous hair day at a free concert in the park or just walking around downtown hanging out with your girls, then out of nowhere, the heavenlies open up Noah's Ark style.  What do you do?? 

Now granted, this may be a little extreme, but what do you do when you and your summer twist-out hit an unexpected wave of humidity?  I have definitely been here.  Luckily, there a few things I keep on deck for situations like these:

1.  BOBBY/HAIR PINS - I cannot tell you how many times I've had to pin and tuck random flyaway pieces of hair or had to do a quick pompadour when my twist-out started to fall and landed right in my eye *no bueno*

2.  OUCHLESS BANDS - I always have at least one in my purse.  If my hair starts to act up, in a puff it goes. 

3.  SHEA BUTTER - Y'all already know.  I keep my butter in my bag at ALL times.  Multi-functional - hair and skin.  Enough said.

Of course you could add some gel, a brush, water bottle, and various moisturizers and stuff, but I like to keep it simple.  I'm trying to limit the amount of stuff I need to do my hair.

So tell me good people, what do you keep handy for times like these when you're in a Hair-mergency?

No comments: