Monday, October 22, 2012

AND 2 MORE BITE THE DUST!!



There has to be something in the air and I am loving it. Two of my friends are starting their journey to Naturalville and I couldn't be more excited for them!! I got to thinking about what it took for me to make this decision. I pretty much saw a magazine and decided that was it. I wanted that hair so I made the transition.

Although it was relatively easy for me, I know making such a choice is not always easy for some. There's always those flickers of doubt and fear, but hey they didn't build the Pyramids in day and so it is with Natural hair. It is truly a process. I've enjoyed my process thus far and there is no turning back for me. However, it can be done! Look around you!! There are plenty of gorgeous manes walking around this planet and just like they took the plunge so can you.

Keep these points in mind and you are on your way:

** BE PATIENT ** You are NOT going to know everything about your hair in one co-wash. It takes time getting reacquainted with your hair.


** TRIAL AND ERROR ** There's no one right way to reach your destination so you might as well get used to this. Some stuff you used to do just will not work anymore. Be flexible. That's the beauty of your journey, you get to experiment with different styles, products (just don't become a junkie!), and accessories. What's not to love about that!

** BE CONFIDENT ** You've got to OWN it. Whatever you choose - BC, protective/transitional styles, or a press you've got to be totally confident in rocking your 'do!

** YOUTUBE IS YOUR FRIEND ** I wish I had known about using YT earlier. It has helped me TREMENDOUSLY from looking for inspiration to rock a new style to actually learning how to flat twist my own hair. YT is amazing!!

You can do it!!  Happy journeying!

No comments: