Tuesday, December 4, 2012

APHOGEE 2-STEP PROTEIN TREATMENT



*Peeks head in*  HEY GUYS!!!  Let me just say, I'm glad grad school is over for the semester, I can commence my blogging routine again.  It'll be like I never left.  So let's get this party started :)

I started these last few months of 2012 really wanting to retain my length.  I decided to take better care of my ends, moisturize and moisturize some more, be more gentle when manipulating my hair - all that jazz.  Now, it's been a few months and I decided to do a protein treatment, more out of curiousity than anything else. 

Of course, I had to do some research because A. I didn't want to spend a ton of money and B. I've never done one on my own head before, so I needed to know what other Naturalites were using. 

I found this vid on YouTube and gave it a go.




I did sit up under the dryer for about 30 minutes and I didn't use a comb to rake the product through, I did it with my fingers.  After it dried, it was exactly as she described.  My hair felt like...well remember "Crunchies" aka waves that hadn't been lifted up after they were dried??  EXACTLY like that.  I was so paranoid my hair was going to just break right off if I touched it.  I mean I was a nervous WRECK!!  This is when I was most grateful for my shrinkage. I didn't have to worry about snagging like she did *YAY*  Like when does that ever happen??  

Overall, I was happy with my hair after the treatment.  I think the way my hair felt after Step 2 and my DC sealed it for me.  My hair was super soft, more manageable, and I didn't have any more hair in my hands than normal after I finger detangled.  (I was too nervous to use my denman.) 

So if you're hair is damaged or you're just looking to give it that extra boost of strength, give this a try!  Let us know how it works!

No comments: