Friday, January 11, 2013

TRIM TURNED "SHAPE"



Ok, so I've been back and forth about this post for a few days, but transparency is key, so here it goes.

Now we all know I've gotten highlights, which I LOVE BTW *woot woot* so I went back to get my hair straightened and decided to get a trim.  I know my hair needed it just by the way it started to feel so figured why not.  Soooooooooooo how bout this turned into a "shape" read CUT and I am pretty much back to where I was this time last year!  *INSERT FALLOUT*

I was like "Um!?!?!?! WTH just happened here???" A million questions have run through my mind, but I get so overwhelmed I have to block them out.  I think it was the initial shock of it that had me buggin.  I tried to look at the bright side of things and say "Hey at least you have hair." "Be patient." BLAH BLAH BLAH.... But this did nothing for me.  So yes, I am PISSED!!!  It took me a while to come to this conclusion, but there it is. 

I'll be posting a picture soon so you can be the judge, but everytime I walk past the mirror I get pissed and haven't really come to terms with where my hair is quite yet so I haven't taken one.   

Real talk, I was 2.5 seconds from completely cutting it all off.  I am totally frustrated, but hey life goes on. 

Here are two pics I keep handy for times like these.  They make me feel a little better.









What do you do to keep pushing despite your hair setbacks?

No comments: