Friday, July 13, 2012

DO YOU PROTEIN TREAT YOUR HAIR?





Hey All!! I hope everyone is having a fantastic hair experience this summer!! I got box braids because I was just tired of my hair and I couldn't be happier about it. Before I put my hair up, I cowashed and did a serious DC. I didn't do a protein treatment because by the time I thought about it stores were closed.  I haven't had one since March :(

So I got to thinking about my regimen and length retention (since I really want to make my goal this year) and thought "How often should I be incorporating a protein treatment? Our hair is mostly protein, so adding a treatement has to help with retention I'm sure." (My logic)

I normally get a treatment every time I get a trim (3 months). But now I'm thinking I should make it sooner. I've scoured some sites and everyone has their own routine - some weekly, some biweekly, some monthly.  I've reasoned, it depends on your hair. You have to find the right balance for your hair.

I'm still researching this topic, but I want to hear from y'all. Have you incorporated protein treatments in your regimen? And if so, how often? 

2 comments:

Gigi of FashionLoveAffairs.com said...

Nope, never done it. I stick to deep treatments with evoo. my motto is the simpler the better. anyhow, how bout a pic of those braids...

Lady D said...

I can dig that. As soon as I semi-style them :)