Sunday, September 23, 2012

NEEM OIL



So I was walking around a fair and came across some Whipped Shea Butter mixed with Neem Oil.  I asked the vendor what Neem Oil is supposed to do and he said it works to control an itchy scalp. SOLD.  We all know I have scalp issues, especially around the cooler months, so I figured I'd try it out.  

I will say, before I completely jumped off the deep end with trying it, I looked it up.  I wanted to make sure I did a little bit of homework on this Neem Oil which I had never heard about.  

Here's what I found:


Neem oil is antibacterial, antifungal and full of Vitamin E to nourish your scalp and hair

Neem oil can relieve symptoms of scalp psoriasis

Neem oil makes your hair soft, shiny and strong while encouraging growth

Helps with thinning and dry hair

It also works as a bug repellent and treats cold sores, and acne


Not too shabby for a $5 investment right?  We'll see if it lives up to its description.  But I will say, the smell is AWFUL.  That's probably why it's mixed with the Shea Butter.  My goodness :(    If I had known it smelled this bad I wouldn't have bought it, but oh wells.  Here's to trying new things!

No comments: