Thursday, February 21, 2013

HAVANA TWISTS



Hey guys! A friend of mine is going through a spell due to heat damage :(  I was looking for styles she could try so she wouldn't have to cut her hair and that were budget friendly.  I came across Havana Twists. 

I like them because they look very natural and don't have that knot at the beginning like other extension styles and are seemingly very easy to do.  They include Marley hair which is like $2 a pack - VERY cheap.  The key is to match the Marley hair with your natural hair color.  Such a great protective style for this here winter that doesn't want to go away :/

Here's a tutorial and styling vid I found. 









Shoot. I might even give these a whirl. 

Happy Styling!

6 comments:

K. Bella said...

Yeah, I had them and I loved them. My sister put them in, but I was able to redo a few on my own. Can't wait to put them back in. :)

Lady D said...

Awesome K. Bella!! I think I'm trying these next week.

Kellee said...

I love it! I am going to try this! Thanks for this post....

Lady D said...

You're welcome Kellee!!

Anonymous said...

You should check out fingercomber. com. The picture of the woman you posted actually used havana hair for her havana twist. Havana hair is lighter than marley hair.

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone, I'm terrible at doing my own hair. Do you know of anyone or salons who could do this style? I love the natural look of these Havana twist.