Sunday, February 17, 2013

TOP 5 THINGS I'VE LEARNED SINCE CUTTING MY HAIR



Some stuff I knew, but others I've found out in this first week of me rocking my TWA.

1. My hair dries SUPER fast!!  I spritz my hair with my leave-in conditioner and water mix and add oil every morning and thought for sure I was gonna get a head cold.  I didn't.  Now, I don't drench my hair, but I guess I spritz enough so that I can fluff and go.  Perfect.

2.  ACCESSORIES ACCESSORIES ACCESSORIES!!  I knew this, but now I really know it.  Accessories can make or break you.  I feel a little boy-ish at times, so I'm glad I accumulated enough earrings, headbands, flowers, etc... to hold me over. I tried an accessories haul and I came up completely empty handed. Sad day for me :(

3. I find myself wearing more makeup.  I never was a daily makeup wearer, but now I find myself looking for more lipsticks to try. It's definitely getting me out of my box.

4. You have to OWN your TWA.  I feel myself coming out of my shell, becoming more confident, and I love it!  I knew it was freeing, but not like this.  I'm pretty amazed.

5. SMILE!  This is truly the best accessory.  I find myself smiling a lot more.  I think it just brightens up my face or something.  Like I said I feel boy-ish at times, so in my head smiling makes me feel and look feminine.  Sounds crazy, but it works for me.

All in all, I'm loving my new 'do.  I've gotten so many wonderful and encouraging compliments and I thank you all for the support.  Means a TON!

Thanks for journey-ing with me :)

No comments: