Wednesday, May 26, 2010

PJ PICK OF THE WEEK: COCONUT OIL



Here lately I've been experimenting with different products, oils, butters and such, so I said let me just pick one and try it for a week and see what's really good.

I had been hearing about how virgin coconut oil was really good for African American hair and skin. So when my aunt told me she was going to an event where vendors would be there selling oils, shea butter and the like, I conned her into getting me some ;)

Now when I first got the coconut oil, the consistency was that of a soft, lumpy grease. BUT after travelling in my car for 2 hours it showed it's true nature which is....you guessed it OIL, LOL!! This actually has worked out better for me because it allows me to use it better as a moisturizer. I don't have to use that much and my hair is fused with just enough oil so it won't look/feel dry as a bone. It definitely holds true to what has been said, my hair was left shinier, softer, and more manageable.

For your reading pleasure, check out these articles on the benefits of Coconut Oil:




Try it out and tell us what you think.

No comments: