Friday, May 14, 2010

WHAT TYPE OF NATURAL ARE YOU? Part 1


Here lately, I've been attempting to learn more about how to do/deal with my hair. I figured it was high time I took matters into my own hands instead of relying totally on someone else's expertise.

The first question I came across when doing my research was "What type of Natural do you have?" I was like 'Whoa now, you mean there are different types of Natural hair???' I thought it all was "curly." And to some degree that is true, but there are different types of curly hair, which is based on your curl pattern.

Type 1 - Straight

Type 2 - Wavy

Type 3 - Curly

Type 4 - Kinky

And since everyone is different, different textures require different products, regimens, etc...Yes, this may shock you all, but don't worry, ya girl's got you covered.

Most Latinas or biracial women have Type 2 or Type 3 hair. The majority of African American women have Type 3 or Type 4 hair. (I'm a Type 4 sista all the way)

No comments: