Wednesday, October 13, 2010

IS NATURAL THE NEW LIGHT-SKIN??




I find the following article very interesting. It is definitely on point with some of the conversations I've had with some relaxed ladies.




In short, he wants to know if Natural hair the new fad?


Now I personally believe it depends on the reasoning behind it. Everybody has their own reasons and I am not one to judge. I did it because I wanted a fro plus I was tired of my hair getting to a certain length and then breaking off. I've since discovered how healthy my hair really is and I like it. I find it kinda therapeutic to play in my hair and I get to shop! *PJItch* I do not think I would ever go back to a relaxer, so for me it's definitely not a fad, but for others it may just be the 'IT' thing to do. And that's ok. It's their hair.

What is NOT ok, however, is the sentiment that just because a lady has a relaxer they're 'hating' themselves *don'tkillme* Some people really like relaxers and don't have the tolerance, time, or even want to deal with their hair. {Which all us Naturalites know it takes}

It's ultimately up to the individual anyway, so let's just embrace each other as Sisters whether we are relaxed or natural. No one is bigger or better than because of their hair. We're ALL fearfully and wonderfully made.


Just my thoughts...what do you think?

No comments: