Wednesday, December 15, 2010

INQUIRING MINDS: HAIR LENGTH



A friend and I measure our hair every 3 months (I just started when I bc'd). Do you measure yours? what is your technique?


Also, how do you monitor what the stylist "trims" off. They want to make it even all over which is a problem. I have 8 inches of hair in some places and 7 in others. Just cause it's uneven doesnt mean it's not healthy, does it?


So many questions!! I love it.

Here goes it:

Do I measure my hair?

YES!! This is a must! This is how I know if what I'm doing is working or not.

How?


I stretch my hair while it's wet to see where it lands. I take a picture and then after about 3-6 months, I compare them. Also as I'm styling I'll take pics to see the difference between then and the next time I style it in the same style. I love how I can gradually see the progress my hair is taking. It's inspiring. OR I'll get it straightened and take a pic. Like I did when I got my hair straightened for the first time in 6 months :)

There are also specifically made t-shirts that you can buy online with inch line markers on the back to help with length checks. Mane and Chic has some cute length check tees. Check them out.


How do you monitor what the stylist "trims" off? Just cause it's uneven doesnt mean it's not healthy, does it?

Tough one...Well I consider a trim as 1/4" to 1/2" anything more it's a cut. There shouldn't be a lot of hair on you or the ground when they're finished. You should be able to see through the strands. Talking to your stylist is the best way to communicate how you want your hair, but then again they are the professional, so if you feel they're leaning towards making your hair even all over (which I don't recommend) discuss it with them. Open and honest communication is key in this process. My hair is longer and grows faster on the right side...no clue why, but it is what it is, so I had to talk with my stylist b/c I have a "thing" for things being balanced *LIBRA* and she explained to me that she understands that, but she didn't want to chop it even b/c when I came back to get it trimmed again, I'd just be going through the same process all over again...sooooooo what's the point. Very wise she is... My hair is still healthy and so will yours. Uneven does not mean unhealthy UNLESS you have split ends...that's a whole 'nother issue.


Hope this helps you guys out!

No comments: