Monday, April 25, 2011

DRY STYLING





For a long time I was under the impression that the only way I could style my hair was if it was wet. I don' t know, I always thought it set better when it was wet and I was sticking to my guns about not combing my curls dry (which I still do). However, after this here winter, I'm thinking I may need to change that up.


I washed my hair the usual once/week and ProStyled, but in the winter I can't afford to walk out with my hair even being slightly damp. My head would start hurting the minute I walked out the door, not good at all. I was talking to one of my friends and she has a bi-weekly routine and I was like what?? How is that possible? She rocks a braid-out or twist-out for a week, then instead of re-doing it for the next week, she'd pin it up in a bun or something. Don't get me wrong, I've tried doing stuff with old twist-outs and braid-outs, but for WHATEVER reason (we'll say frustration and lack of creativity at the time) I'd just wash it and redo it to make it easier on myself. Now I've realized that maybe manipulating my hair like that this winter might not have been the best thing for it. I'll definitely take that as a lesson learned for next time.


So if you're going to dry style, just remember Rule #1, never style your hair without something on it. This could be a moisturizer, shea butter, water, etc... but whatever you do, just use something!


Here are a couple of dry styles I'd invite you to try:








No comments: