Tuesday, April 19, 2011

STRESSED TODAY, BALD TOMORROW



As I embark on this GRUELING 60-hr graveyard shift work week, I find myself already getting pretty short-tempered. I am already stressed out and I haven't even gotten into the thick of it...just the mere thought of it pisses me off. Anyway, I am concerned about how the impending stress levels will affect my hair. I know when people, women in particular, start having major life issues, the first thing that seems to go is their hair.

Why is this??

Well basically when our bodies experience extreme emotional or physical stress the immune system shuts down. Major systems are ignored, hair included, as the body pumps blood to the major muscles preparing it for the fight. The body seems to concentrate its energies on recovery or healing and hair growth seems rather less of a priority. The hair then undergoes the fall out phase. Another factor is hormones. Hormones can change your attitude, mood, skin and your hair. If an imbalance occurs, the stress from it can damage the hair, kind of like a vitamin deficiency.

So what can we do to prevent stress from damaging our beautiful crowns of glory??

One thing is for sure and we need lower our stress levels. Balancing our daily routines can help the health of our hair. Adding some type of activity that YOU enjoy and creates that calm environment is key. When you can rest and conduct your life with less stress, not only will you feel good but your hair will too!!


I have a goal I'm trying to reach and stress is definitely not going to help that out. I just need to bite the bullet and RELAX, RELATE, RELEASE, lolol. Maybe I'll try yoga.

How do you handle your hair in a time of stress?

No comments: