Monday, March 22, 2010

BANTU KNOT-OUT TWISTS

After some convincing I decided to try these Bantu Knot thingies. Now, my go to style is usually the twisted rod set b/c its easy and lasts a while. So figured I'd try the Knots because they're very similar and less time consuming...here goes it:

After my co-wash, I parted my hair into small sections and twisted



Next I wrapped the twist around in a circle and tucked it under the knot



Do this all around your head


Then my most HATED part of all...THE DRYER :( I know I know...I'm such a baby, but I can't stand the dryer...I'd rather let it air dry, I digress... I sat under the dryer for an hour and some change, then I grabbed my EVOO and untwisted each knot, separating as I went until it looked like this in the back



Moi all jazzed up



POST JOB BRIEF:
- I might need to use some more setting lotion because my hair got really frizzy fast, so be careful.
- I also think once I get more practice under my belt and really figure out how to keep my edges tight, I'll be brave enough to wear the Bantu Knots by themselves...hmmmmm wonder how that'll work with my hardhat...............Thoughts or suggestions????

No comments: