Tuesday, March 16, 2010

TRANSITIONAL STAPLE

This goes out to all my Transitioners out there.


When I was on my journey, I discovered my hair to be a lot thicker than I orginially thought. I mean any time there was humidity, there went my hair :( I was the pressed transitioner...meaning I opted for the press N curl because it was close to a wrap, manageable, plus I didn't have the courage (or head shape) to do the BC. I only crippled myself, because now (2.9 years later), I'm just figuring out how to tame this mane. I digress....


So anyway, like I said, I was the pressed transitioner, but if I ever wanted to get that Jill Scott 'fro I had to let the press N curl go right?? RIGHT. I asked around and found styles that would hold up in the heat when I started sweating and were easy enough to manage. THE ANSWER: STRAW SETS!!


Those tiny little curls hold up extremely well in heat and if they start to get frizzy, you can pin them up or comb them out into a cute little fro! HOW EXCITING?!?!!? This is my summer staple, I get one at least once a month. No heat, no fuss, satin cap, moisturizer, and you're done.



Here's what mine looked like on a trip to ATL shawty :)










3 comments:

G.Danielle said...

Was this done at the salon? I love how straw sets look but I've always been afraid of the set/drying time. How long did yours take?

Lady D said...

My godsister hooked me up. It took about 2.5 hrs for her to set me and I usually let it dry overnight. I've attempted on myself, but my arms get tired about half way through, so I'd rather get help.

GOOD LUCK!

Tootsie said...

This was my go-to style when I was growing my hair out during my freshman/sophomore year and relaxer days. One of my roommates would do it. I hated that it took forever but it also lasted forever.