Monday, March 1, 2010

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CLEVELAND!!!

Hey Clevelanders, it's ya girl signing in to give you the dish on all things NATURAL in the 'Land.

I've been natural for almost 3 years (Natur-versary in May). I first decided to release myself because I wanted a HUGE Angela Davis 'fro. Sounds crazy right? Jill Scott's Essence cover inspired me. I was also growing frustrated with spending too much money on my hair for it to still be the same length it was when I was in high school. So I said why not go natural?? It seemed like the perfect answer. But the major question AND challenge was....HOW? The answer was particularly easy (so I thought) to just grow my hair out. WELL let's just say THANK GOD for my aunt, she talked me out of, what I'm sure was to be hell on wheels, doing it on my own.

So here I am 3 years later with bumps, bruises, tears, and joys. It's not a fad and it's DEFINITELY not easy. It's truly a process. So I invite you to buckle up and enjoy the wild, frustrating, yet rewarding ride!!!


No comments: