Wednesday, March 24, 2010

WATER = HEALTHY HAIR


Once upon a time I hadn't been drinking enough water, I was drinking pop, apple juice, cran-apple juice, everything BUT... I went to get my hair pressed and.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ that's the sound of my hair frying under the heat for lack of moisture. (and it was LOUD) My hair was BONE DRY!! I mean I was so embarrassed. My stylist jumped back and said "I see SOMEONE hasn't been drinking enough water." What could I say?? She was totally right. I made it a point right then and there to increase my water intake to avoid future embarrassment.

Ever since we were little it's been embedded in our juvie minds "Milk does a body good." Well, what about our hair? Isn't hair just an extension of our bodies? I think so (though some may beg to differ) so we gotta keep our hair, nails, and other extremeties together too, RIGHT? RIGHT!

Our bodies are mostly made up of water, so we MUST give the body what it needs to survive. Your hair gets dehydrated just like your body, so the solution = DRINK WATER! Even if you have to add those little Crystal Light sweeteners to add flavor, you have to drink it. Remember, 8 glasses of 8 ounces (or more) of water per day. SO DRINK UP!!!
I'm holding steady at 40+, how are you doing?

No comments: