Thursday, March 8, 2012

MY MINI TWISTS (PT. DEUX)



OMG!! So my scalp felt like it was on fire when I got back. It felt like I had an allergic reaction to some weave, but I didn't have any weave in...whatever it was I had SOOOOOOOOOOO much buildup and way too many flakes falling out my head. I desperately needed to clean my scalp.

So of course I YT'd a video of how people maintain their minis without taking them out and this is what I found.


HEAVEN!!

I decided to try it out, here's what I did:

I took some baking powder and water and mixed it in a bowl. ORIGINALLY I was going to do my whole head so I put a couple tablespoons in and mixed with water to fill the bowl up about halfway.


I spritzed my hair with water, detangled with my Denman brush for easier parting with my rattail, and brushed the mix directly on my scalp with an old toothbrush.


Then I rubbed it with my fingers.



I decided not to do my whole head so I only did the sections that were giving me the most trouble. I poo'd and DC'd as normal and guess what??? IT WORKED!! My scalp was squeaky clean *CHEERS*

I will definitely keep this in my routine. If you have Kinky Twists, Senegalese Twists, Box Braids, Micros, etc... you should definitely try it out!


No comments: