Monday, March 19, 2012

READER REQUEST: MY FAB FIVE

{Source}


Welcome back from the weekend!! The weather was absolutely wonderful, I hope you had a chance to enjoy it :)

Anyways, one of my readers asked me what some of my favorite products, styling tools, and/or accessories were. Now...as we all know, I am a PJ, but I haven't LOVED everything I've used. However, there are some things that I consistently stay stocked up on.

Here they are:



SHEA BUTTER ~ where o where o where would I be without Shea Butter??? I use it on my body and my hair. I absolutely love it! And those of you who've seen me around know I always have some on deck in my purse LOLOL

FLOWERS ~ They're great as a hair accessory or as an accessory for your blazer. I'm all about multifunctional pieces.

DENMAN BRUSH ~ My 4b/4c hair would not ever be detangled or even blowdry straight without this thing. I love it!! (even better than the Tangle Teezer)

HONEY ~ I mix it with my conditioner as a DC and my hair feels DIVINE!

SHEAMOISTURE RESTORATIVE CONDITIONER ~ This stuff right here...I'm telling you. I forgot how good it made my hair feel until I co-washed last week. I fell in love all over again - Amazing!


So what say you good people, what are a few of your favorite things?

3 comments:

Regina Langley said...

I would have commented sooner. But, my computer was in the pc hospital. Anyway, my favorite things are shea butter (from head to toe--in my hair every other night), Biotin (for those who don't know, it's a vitamin supplement that strengthens your hair, skin and nails from the inside--I take the 5000 mcg capsule--make sure it has an expiration date), extra virgin olive oil (take one tablespoon a day and massage in hair each morning) and half water, half leave in conditioner in hair each night after the shea butter.

Regina Langley said...

I mentioned the expiration date on the Biotin supplement. A very well known drug store has frequent sales on vitamins where you buy and get one half off. I bought two bottles of Biotin (I can't give you the name brand for fear of getting in trouble). While working my way through one bottle, I noticed that my hair no longer appeared to be growing. My ends were splitting terribly and my nails were splitting and breaking almost daily. I examined the two bottles and found they didn't have expiration dates! I didn't know if it was important for vitamins. I spoke to a friend who researched and found that the FDA does not require expiration dates on vitamins. I was shocked to say the least. There's no telling how long those vitamins had been sitting on the shelf or in a storeroom. I threw them out and purchased a herbal counterpart from a health store called Weber's on Euclid Avenue near Green Road. The product is called HAIR and is manufactured by a company called SOLARAY--and they use expiration dates. I'll give you my take on the product following this so I won't run out of space.

Regina Langley said...

HAIR by Solaray is a natural supplement for the hair and it contains the following herbs: Saw Palmetto, Horsetail Grass (the Horsetail Grass tea is kind of tasty), Watercress, Juniper, White Willow, Rosemary, Burdock and Mullein. You take two capsules two to four times a day. I took two twice a day. I paid $9.70 for a bottle of 100. I clipped my ends in January and took the product through February. PROS: My hair and nails grew very well. When I clipped my ends this month, I examined the clippings and none of them were split. GREAT! But, here's the con. CONS: With all of the moisture I put into my hair daily and the locking it in, my hair got so dry I could hear it when I squeezed it. The comb out was minimal to none, which is good. But, what about down the line? I couldn't take a chance. So, I'm back on my Biotin.